AW: more post-OS on OS reflections

Catherine Pfaehler c.pfaehler at bluewin.ch
Sun Aug 13 23:45:06 PDT 2006

Dear Raffi, follow your heart and wander with your question, the answer will
come. Don't host "several OS-learning events in a row" out of a head
concept. Your heart will tell you.

The first time I met Russians in an OS-context was in OT9 in Hungary, 1991,
the European offspring of OT conferences, which used to last an entire week,
on the topic of Organizational Transformation. I was thoroughly amazed at
the quality and warmth of the Russian (very open) hearts. What a huge
difference to us here in the west! It was before the Berlin wall fell. One
Russian participant said "if only the world could be like this, people
sharing so freely and working together so honestly and openly!". During the
week, something dangerous happened in politics, and our Russian friends were
weeping, afraid to go back to their country. I found myself telling them
"They can only kill people, they can't kill ideas." That was a comfort then
- and look at the development which has happened since!

I shared a room then with Nina Janowska, a Polish professor and
psychotherapist from Lublin, and we are still in touch, visit each other
from time to time and have become friends. A wonderful experience.

Lots of love - Catherine

Catherine Pfaehler Senn
Open Space Begleitung & Coaching
Kellersriedweg 8