Open Space for small groups

Erich Kolenaty e.kolenaty at aon.at
Fri Aug 11 06:08:39 PDT 2006

Joelle and Chris, and all the other openspaceniks,

I can confirm your experience with small groups. I made an OS for 13 some
months ago for  1 and a half day. There were 4 working sessions, 11 topics
and a couple of hours for conversion and deepening the found solution. It
was a lot like an OS for 113, but indeed it is much harder to get out of the
way. I tried to keep me busy all the time and not to join the people except
for morning news, evening news and the conversion. It was a great experience
and I found out once again that the important criteria of success is, that
all the conditions for successful open spaces (different views, important
business issue, complexity, urgency etc.) are fullfilled. And in my opinion
the fully coverage of this conditions is much more important in a small
group.

Erich
from lovely Vienna