Reflections on opening space-Rivendell, Bowen Island, Ap ril 2006.

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Fri Apr 28 22:52:42 PDT 2006

Such kind words Kathryn...thank you.

And here is a link to the salmon picture and a useful quote for those of you
working with communities.  These marvelous fish return to our Island every
fall and remind us what it is to come home again after a long trip in the
wilderness of the world.

http://www.chriscorrigan.com/miscellany/bijournal/2005/11/heart-felt-thank-you-to-soul-that-left.html

A heartfelt thank you to all of you, working globally to help us all find
home.

Chris

On 4/26/06, Proteus Communications <proteus at shawbiz.ca> wrote:

>  Hello,
>

> Last week I had the great and joyful privilege of joining Chris Corrigan
> and Michael Herman and several other profound and gifted teachers at
> Rivendell on Bowen Island to explore the principles and practice of Open
> Space.  As Chris and Michael described it, talking about Open Space is much
> like talking about swimming.  You can describe it all you want, and it can
> sound really wonderful, but ultimately you need to take the plunge and
> experience what it's like to move around in the fluid, spacious (and usually
> uncharted!) waters of Open Space.
>

> I owe Michael, Chris and Caitlin and all the participants—Carol, Karen,
> Kerri, Kate, Kris, Jessie, Marlena, Beth, Roq, Alison, Melanie—a debt of
> great gratitude for holding and opening up such a beautiful space for me and
> all of us to explore the terrain of all four quadrants—inner and outer,
> personal and collective with such depth .
>

>  I *thought* I was attending this 3-day workshop to learn more about how
> to use OST in organizations and with clients—but what I discovered was the
> deep rich well of possibility that appeared when I opened space inside
> me—inside my own heart, body and mind.  It was a much more personal journey
> than I expected, and what I've noticed since last week is how many
> opportunities to "open space" have arisen, with invitation naturally
> extended, without me cajoling, coercing or convincing anyone of anything in
> particular. I am learning that I don't push the river, it really does flow
> by itself, and that the best I can do is to get into right alignment with
> it.
>

> Chris took a picture of a salmon resting in perfect equipoise in a stream
> here on Bowen.  You can see it on his Bowen Island Journal weblog 01/11/05.
> I'm learning to be that salmon.
>

> And while I'm here, I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to this
> list—I have learned so much from each of you and I thank you, deeply, for
> your generosity in sharing your questions, insights, learnings, and journeys
> in Open Space.
>

> With much appreciation,
>

> Kathryn
>
> Bowen Island