Edinburgh festival.. an Open space event

Chris Weaver chris at springbranch.us
Wed Apr 5 07:22:08 PDT 2006

phelim,

interesting indeed!

i remember chris corrigan posting a long time back about an island music
festival that also shared most of the elements of an ost meeting.

i live in a land famous for its music & arts festivals.  some have "gone
corporate" and become more engineered, while some have maintained a deep
sparky spontaneity over many years.  i am in dialogue with one of the latter
types of festival about using ost in the planning stages and integrating a
big agenda wall under a tent for the festival itself, with an staff-focused
and a participant-focused area.if this adventure happens, i can't wait to
see what we've learned when we debrief.

on a related large other topic, i am deeply interested in the overlap
between ost and ceremony in indigenous traditions.  festival life, which
culminates on a specific piece of land for a specific period of time, has
some fascinating resonance with ceremonial space/time.  a topic to explore
another time.

cheers,
chris