Is anything possible?

Mark R. Jones (AT&T) mark_r_jones at att.net
Tue Apr 4 08:33:39 PDT 2006

Hi Chris.

Hmmmmmmm . . . Interesting optimization of your efforts !

I concur that ³community² is the natural fit for OST.

And . . .
In my twelve year experiment and experience using
OST in large corporate and Government contexts,
OST worked profoundly well on an ongoing basis ---
but required that I and my OS-oriented colleagues be
embedded and influential within the power structures
of the organizations.  As an OST convener, I usually had
to carry actual or delegated-proxy P&L responsibility.

I do ponder the experience of effectiveness and generativity
in being a trusted convener in the ³embedded² sense within
communities, corporations, and Governments.  I have played
with a strategy of establishing relationships that allow me to
at least temporarily serve in an embedded leadership capacity
‹ even if mostly virtual.  More work, more messy -- more like
³community².  Of course, that does make me more like a
Stakeholder of the organizations ‹ and less like a consultant.
In the past, some of my OST colleagues have challenged this
role as being inappropriate.  But I like it ‹ it works for me !

Thanks for the thought stimulation . . .

Mark R. Jones
Chief Executive Officer
The Sunyata Group
The Integral Wellness Group