Open Space intro at Google Headquarters--I'm looking for intro ideas

Matthew Blom learnbyliving at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 21 10:13:28 PDT 2006

Dear people who open space,

 My name is Matthew, and I'm new to the list and a half-year new to open space facilitation (trained by the bunny lovable Lisa Heft).  I've been so jazzed by the idea of getting open space to Google, a place which already explores many new ways of behaving in the business world.

 Yesterday, I got an in.

 I'll be doing a "tech talk" on May 3rd, and I am now running multiple scenarios through my head about how to introduce open space there.  These talks are usually an hour, and I imagine it being rather boring to talk "about" open space, and I'm unsure how to go about actually experiencing it in that short a time frame.

 Ideas I've had thus far--kick, bite, and scream for more time (what's an ideal intro. time frame?  3 hours? How long should the sessions be?)

 Try an experience of it with very short sessions--like 10 minutes long?

 I'm also wondering about a theme.  I'll need to talk more with someone out there about that piece.

 Any ideas and/or experiences from those who have done something like this would be very helpful!

 peace,
 Matthew

"Once man begins to think about the mystery of his life and the links
connecting him with the life that fills the world, he cannot but accept,
for his own life and all other life that surrounds him, the principle of
Reverence for Life.

He will act according to this principle of the ethical affirmation of life
in everything he does.  His life will become in every respect more
difficult that if he lived for himself, but at the same time it will be richer, more beautiful, and happier.

It will become, instead of mere living, a genuine experience of life."

-Albert Schweitzer
Correo Yahoo!