Room Set-Up Questions

Kathleen Osta kathleen at vitalclarity.com
Thu Apr 6 12:31:10 PDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm doing a 4-hour Open Space session for 300+ people in a hotel
ballroom that is 80 feet x 150 feet. Using a to-scale room diagram, it
looks like I may have to have 4 concentric circles because I plan to
have several aisles, e.g., at least 7. I've never had that may
concentric circles and wanted to know if that's workable.

I also plan to have about 21 lap tops in the News Room in one corner of
the room, which will chew into small group space around the perimeter
of the room.

Since I won't have quite enough space around the perimeter of the room
for all 18 small groups, about how many can I put in the middle of the
room (once the space is cleared because people have taken their chairs
with them)?

Experience input requested, please. Thanks.

Kathleen Osta

Kathleen S. Osta
Vital Clarity
15 Hunters Way