For the people in Katrina's wake....

Chris Macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 10:45:24 PDT 2005

Katrina has convinced me that I want to more actively help host dialogues on
alternative economics. Two overlapping analysis systems that interest me are:
Bottom of Pyrmaid Economics, ie drawing on value exchnage cases document by
Prahalad

Preneurial Economics http://preneurial.blogspot.com which my father Norman
Macrae at The Economist was an early cataloguer of from Entrepreneurial
Revolution 1976 to Intrapreneurial now. (co-editors of this blog more than
welcome)

What's the connection? Preneurial economics maps at the centre of its analysis
system those most deeply participating in a context and then seeks to
transparently resolve conflicts they may typically have with other powerful
agents or parties. I believe much of the USA has come to see in the last 2
weeks that the value exchanges of Katrina peoples and places as one of the
US's Pyramid bottoms haven't been included in the economic analysis of big on
Capitol Hill as much as democracy could have sustained
http://www.valuetrue.com/home/community.cfm?startrow=16&intClassID=-1

I am particularly keen to start hosting cafe (6-10 people one hour) dialogues
connecting these or related ideas in Washington DC circles from October on. If
that sounds like a game anyone is interested in joining in please say. And of
course We'd happily share any conversation starters we develop across cities
with any other players.

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk