more on what I/we have learned

Andy Bell andy.bell at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 7 14:45:54 PDT 2005

Hi Raffi

I've been lurking on this list for a while. I enjoy your passion and
enthusiasm... And what I experience as your relentless curiousity. I connect
with this as I value it too.

I guess relating to coming into OST as a cost is one possibility. Another,
and the one I am more inclined towards at this moment is to connect it to
"my emerging self, my health, my wholeness and humanity". The anxiety I
experience in this points to the fact I am alive. This is a good thing I
think, to be aware of being alive, in fact I like it a lot.

Before my family showed up I spent a lot of time rock climbing, less
mountains and more interesting faces in various places a round the world.
Early on in my rock climbing career someone once said to me " (in rock
climbing) achievement of any level of mastery is an accomplishment to be
celebrated"... I carried this with me and came to enjoy simply making a move
which flowed with the rock and flexed my developing skills. These little
sign posts of progress are also significant events in and of themselves.
Sometimes I would eventually find myself standing atop the face feeling
euphoric and other times I would have the thrilling experience of peeling
into space knowing that at that time at I done all that my current level of
mastery allowed. Sometimes the moment of popping off would be quite
surprising and other times I'd feel the anxiety/fear of it approaching as  I
ran out of gas. And I kept coming back for more.

Thanks for reconnecting me to this. And bringing me out of lurk-space.

Andy