Making Visible Katrina/Rita Support from the Dialogue and Deliberation Community

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Thu Sep 29 18:57:52 PDT 2005

>From Sandy Heierbacher of the National Coalition for Dialogue and Deliberation:

Hi, everyone!  I agreed to collect information about activities, resources and plans related to Hurricane Katrina (and now Rita).  By making visible the work already being done by people in each of our networks we can learn from each other, support each other and begin to understand the presence that D&D can bring to crisis situations.  Thus, we not only provide aid in the short run but begin to know our own capacity to contribute.

If you, your network or your organization has taken action of any kind in response to Katrina (and now Rita) - from hosting a discussion to training facilitators - please send me a brief summary of the action that has been taken.  If there is a way for people to view a discussion, get involved, see a summary of what you're doing, etc., please send me clear instructions on how to do so.

If you wish to link to Katrina related resources on one another's websites, please email me as soon as you can with the following details:

1.  Your organization's name and URL (and a brief description if you'd like).

2.  If you have a single page of Katrina resources, or a main forum topic for Katrina info like NCDD has, send the link to that page and a brief description of what's on the page.

If you have multiple resources, opportunities, discussions, etc. related to Katrina on different pages on your site, please send me the names of those things people can find on your site, links that take people directly to those pages, and brief descriptions of each (if the titles aren't self-explanatory).

I will post as much of this info as possible on NCDD's Thataway Forum, where we've created a clearinghouse of sorts on discussion, action and resources on Katrina (http://www.thataway.org/discussions/forum/).

I'll compile what you send.  Please email your links, descriptions, etc.

Thanks - hope you're all doing well!

Best,
Sandy

Sandy Heierbacher
Convenor and Co-Founder, National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation (NCDD)
Web: www.thataway.org
Email: sandy at thataway.org

We just moved!  Please update your address books.
New phone:  717-243-5144
New address:  114 W. Springville Road, Boiling Springs, PA 17007

Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006