FW: OS with 3rd Graders

Karen Sella karen at luminacoaching.com
Thu Sep 22 11:38:36 PDT 2005

On Ashley's behalf.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley Cooper [mailto:easilyamazed at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:33 AM
To: Peggy Holman; Michael Herman; Karen Sella
Subject: OS with 3rd Graders

Hey Karen, Michael, and Peggy,

Could one of you please send this to the OSlist for me, I can't get
through. Thank you, Ashley

Hello OSlisters,

I'm a school counselor. There is chaos breaking out amongst the 3rd
graders on the playground, on field trips, at soccer practice. The
teachers, parents, and administrators are all concerned. In my opinion,
the children are begging for attention, to be heard. Next week I begin
small groups with all of the boys in this grade. The idea of pulling the
whole grade together for an afternoon of open space feels extremely
powerful. This is a highly articulate group of gifted children.

I could really use some advice on how to present this idea to the
administration/teachers. What language would you use? Are there examples
that you would site? And suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ashley