ralph's call for cases

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Fri Sep 16 12:48:58 PDT 2005

i've got some recent cases, ralph, and would be glad to share... but
there's a rub.  the action part.  hard to prove action.  not usually
documented.

so this is my question... what qualifies as action?  and when the answer
that one, did that sort of action come from the old-style conferences?
why or why not?  what made the difference?  the connecting or the content?

so often i find that conversation like this use one standard of action
for the old way and one higher standard for the new way, namely open
space.  i asked these sorts of questions once with an oilfield services
group.  they wanted 'results'.  but couldn't define it.  finally i just
said, 'look guys, nobody's going to discover any new oil under the
hotel.  it's all just talk.  they agreed adn we got on into open space.

and welcome home, ralph!  thanks for the reports.  and sorry to miss you
when you passed through these midwestern parts.

michael

--

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates