Need examples

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Fri Sep 16 11:18:37 PDT 2005

Hi,

I need examples of annual conferences run as OS meetings.  Here are details.

An organization to which I belong has an annual meeting of about 300-500
people.  It's the same every year, speaker after speaker after speaker.
I've stopped going.

Now they're asking me about OS and if it will work for the annual event.
They want specific examples of annual gatherings where members come from all
over (the US, in this case) and, you know, do what we do.  Specifically,
they want to learn of cases where action agendas were produced and acted
upon subsequently.

Examples of this sort from my own consulting practice are way in the past,
with no one available to vouch for their success.  I can make the case, but
I need a little back-up.  I want to pass along some links where they can see
for themselves what happened.  Please keep in mind, this is a network of
small businesses all over the country, not one single, large organization.

Send your suggestions to me privately or to the list.  I appreciate your
help.

Thank you,

Ralph

--