Fwd: NPCA Community Responds to Hurricane Katrina

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Wed Sep 7 01:00:09 PDT 2005

I am forwarding this to you all with special focus on the Returned
Peace Corps Volunteers (I belong to India 17) among us
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

Dear Peace Corps community:

Over the past week all of us have been touched by the devastating
images and stories coming from the areas affected by Hurricane
Katrina.  At NPCA we have been following developments closely and
have received messages from the Peace Corps family with information
on how we as a community can respond.

Peace Corps has asked us to let you know that they are mobilizing the
Crisis Corps, and they ask that RPCVs update their information.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster manager Karen
Keefer (Nigeria 66-68) has asked me to put out the call to the Peace
Corps community that FEMA is looking for returned Peace Corps
volunteers interested in deploying to the South as paid FEMA
"disaster reservists."

Information on these and other ways you can help can be found on our
Web site, where we've created a page with hurricane relief
information.

We will be continually updating this page as more information becomes
available, so be sure to visit it often.  The page is linked directly
from our home page at http://www.rpcv.org, or via the following
links:

Hurricane response page:
http://www.rpcv.org/pages/sitepage.cfm?id=1242

Bulletin board, where you can post messages and share information
with the wider Peace Corps community:
http://www.rpcv.org/pages/msghome.cfm?category=13

Thank you for your concern and for your efforts to assist those
affected by this tragic event.

Kevin F. F. Quigley
President
NPCA

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop eg
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
++49-30-772 8000
www.boscop.de   www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Check out the new Open Space World Map now with 317 resident Open Space Workers in 58 countries (working in a total of 115 countries worldwide)
www.openspaceworldmap.org