Stammtisch in NYC

Marei Kiele MareiKiele at web.de
Tue Sep 6 11:06:00 PDT 2005

  Dear Esther,

 I am so sorry we didn't connect ! After our emails before the meeting I was expecting you and wondering and looking out for you (but never leaving the table...) - my assumption was that something else, hopefully something joyful, had come along your way.

 The COSÍ has an outdoor area, the front indoor area and a back indoor area - telling the waiter I expected 5-10 people to show up he said the only space would be in the back. So that's where we sat.

  So what happened last night at the first stammtisch meeting in NYC?
(from my perspective)

 As a little sign for the group I drew a coloured butterfly and stuck it up on the menue.

 Starting with 3 people our group even grew up to 10 during the evening. Some people came long ways, some had just arrived from a long labour day weekend journey, so we didn't get much further but introducing us to eachother, sharing what connection and what interest we have in open space and  what we would like to talk about that night (I had brought paper and pencils and proposed that we post topics and do something open space-like to see what was going on in the whole group). We never reached the moment of splitting into groups and talking about different topics because half the crowd hat to leave early. But what grew during the evening was a real interest to continue this Stammtisch meeting and two volunteers (Jill and Laurence, thank you!) took responsibility to convene the next meeting.

 It was great to watch how the decision was made. Kurt said it reminded him of OSonOS and talking until we all knew Moscow is the right place for OSonOS 2006. This time we talked until we knew Stammtisch was ment to continue and who would invite the next time.

 I am happy that people accepted my invitation and came, I enjoyed the evening very much. And although I will not be a regular participant (only because of not being in NYC) I love to know something got started. And I will love to hear about it on this listserve.

 Many regards to all the other Stammtisch participants and those who might take part in the future or consider opening one up themselves.

 Marei

  PS: And Alan - thank you for posting the link to Diane Wolkenstein for everybody. I totally forgot to pass your message. Which is a shame as what I found on her website sounds very promising!

  "Esther Ewing" <EwingChange at aol.com> schrieb:

I went but no one was there. I waited by the hostess for half an hour but couldn't recognize anyone from our group. I hope I went to the right place but didn't see anyone between 7 and 7:30 that I recognized.  Did I have the right time and date? 7 pm at Cosi at 13th and 6th? Oh well, another time perhaps... Esther Ewing