anarchy in 21st century - david graeber

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 14:25:19 PDT 2005

Thanks for the references, John

(for the others interested, the text can be found here: http://www.zmag.org/content/showarticle.cfm?SectionID=41&ItemID=4796).

I agree that he is close to some concepts of OST. But I think he never heard about it. At least he only talks about the consensus process as being "guided by experienced facilitators". See the full quotation: "Consensus is often misunderstood. One often hears critics claim it would cause stifling conformity but almost never by anyone who has actually observed consensus in action, at least, as guided by trained, experienced facilitators...".

There are interesting and controversial ideias combined and one has to read mainly the former, but that's ok...

Warm regards

Artur

john engle <englejohn at hotmail.com> wrote:
are others familiar with david graeber? (...)for me, he's pointing to open space and the ideas that come with it. his "Anarchy in the 21st Century" is particularly interesting.