panflu - what next? - open space

Gabriela Ender gabriela.ender at OpenSpace-Online.com
Sat Oct 22 01:09:00 PDT 2005

Hi Chris,

two days ago multinational sales company let us know, that they are planning
to conduct an OpenSpace-Online planning conference about "personal, family
and organisational pandemic prevention". They want to invite the leadership
and interested employees across distances to share thoughts and ideas
regarding such complex "as if case".

If the company will be open to share results or effects I will let you know.

Warmly,
Gabriela

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Corrigan" <chris.corrigan at gmail.com>
To: <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:17 AM
Subject: Re: panflu - what next? - open space

Hi there:

I have just returned from a confernece of health directors from indigenous
communities around british columbia. Thought you might like to know that the
Shuswap Nation health directors have been using Open Space to work with
their communities on pandemic planning, including working through scenarios
and having conversations about "what if?"

As I understand it they are working with Donella Sellars, a Shuswap woman I
did some work with a few years ago and who came to a couple of
Herman/Corrigan practice workshops.

It seems to me that, as facilitators, we could teach people this process
specifically for use in the preparation for disasters including pandemic
planning. OST is so easy to use and it encourages and brings to life the
kind of self-organization that is needed. I think we almost have a duty to
give people this process.

Anyway, if I hear more news I'll let you all know how they are doing.

Chris

--

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation