Girl Scouts open strategic conversations

Seamus McInerney shay71259 at eircom.net
Thu Oct 6 16:26:10 PDT 2005

Hi Christine,
Really holding space with you on this one. My wife and I have had many
years of involvement with scouting and guiding as it is called here in
Ireland. So show us how it's done. Let me know about the video when it's ready.

Shay

At 05:06 03/10/2005, you wrote:

>Dear Friends,
>
>The energy is building. There is a vibrant green swell on the ocean of
>collective intelligence. For the next several days, over 12,000 Girl
>Scouts from all over the country will make their way to Atlanta for their
>National Convention.
>
>Next Friday, October 7, I ask that you hold the space with me and Claudia
>Haack, my dear friend and business partner in Kairos Alliance Inc. and
>over 100 Girl Scout volunteers who will open strategic conversations and
>tap the collective wisdom to transform the Girl Scout movement. At 8:30am
>EDT on Oct 7, I will be opening the space for whoever comes out of the
>1,800 delegates to to the national convention around the question: What
>would our governance structure look like on a national and local level if
>it met the test of being efficient, decisive, and action-oriented?
>
>Simultaneously, Strategy Cafes will be open for business for nearly 1,000
>girls and 3,000 adults at the Girl Congress AND later in the day Strategy
>Cafes on 6 different topics will open in the Exhibit Hall, running for the
>next 3 days. We are preparing for 6,000 people to sit at small tables and
>lean into conversations that matter to the future of the Girl Scout
>Movement. Altogether, we are holding the possibility and the space for
>9,000 girls and adults to participate in these events.
>
>Through the efforts of a self-organized group of volunteers and the
>generous donations of many friends, enough money has been raised to get
>film crews to Atlanta. The Girl Scouts will be producing a video of the
>story that will emerge through the Open Space and Strategy Cafes!
>
>Thank you to everyone who is supporting us with your expertise and love.
>It means so much that you will be holding space with us.
>
>Love,
>Christine
>
>Christine Whitney Sanchez
>KAIROS Alliance Inc.
>2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue
>Phoenix, AZ  85048
>480.759.0262
><http://www.kairosalliance.com/>www.kairosalliance.com

>OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
>subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
>oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
>http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about
>OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Séamus McInerney
50 Carrigdhoun, Waterpark, Carrigaline, Co. Cork
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~xroadsfac/