A report from a taster of OST in 1,5 hours - long!

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 09:38:20 PDT 2005

Great show! I really didn’t think you could do it – and you obviously did.
How nice it is to be wrong. :-) And I think I particularly liked your
comments about “freedom of choice.” (“I think that the freedom of choice was
one of their biggest experience and an unforgettable learning.”)

You might be interested to know that this particular emphasis in Open Space
came right straight from Sweden. A very old friend and colleague, Gustaf
Delin – resides in Sigtuna -- would talk endlessly about “voluntary
self-selection” and it stuck. He and his colleagues in The Foresight Group
were very instrumental in the development of Intrepreneurship. And in fact
they created the first school for Intrepreneurs in the world right there in
Sweden. And a prime principle for them was/is voluntary self-selection. As I
got deeper into Open Space (what a way to go?) it seemed to me that the same
principle applied. And so I stole it with not a thought. As it turns out, I
will be visiting Gustaf in December, between my programs in Berlin and
Helsinki. I will let him know that Voluntary Self-Selection lives on and is
deeply appreciated.

Harrison

Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive

Potomac, Maryland   20845

Phone 301-365-2093

Skype hhowen

Open Space Training  <http://www.openspaceworld.com/> www.openspaceworld.com

Open Space Institute  <http://www.openspaceworld.org> www.openspaceworld.org

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives