Blog

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil wendy at xe.net
Thu Oct 6 13:22:23 PDT 2005

Hi Ralph,

The intention was mainly to create a space to focus on a particular aspect
of OS--sort of a subset of the list if you will...where those who are keenly
interested in exploring Spirit and practices for Open Space living in daily
life could connect and share in a more tightly focused forum.  It is also an
experiment in playing with another form of social software and to see what
differences that might or might not make in how conversations and dialogue
unfold in this virtual world we inhabit.  Blogs also allow the sharing of
other creative types of expression that are hard to include on the list. (We
can create links to them from our list posts, but we often end up unable to
put them in context, comment on them, or create the kind of synergy that
mixed media allows--and others have limited access to them, depending on
formats etc.)  A blog will allow someone to post photos interspersed with
textual content, podcasts, or video, to name but a few. There are also a lot
of bloggers in our community and this will create a repository of experience
and reflection that is easy to blog and link to.  (We bloggers are a bit of
different breed...and we may be a little teeny bit, oh, ZEALOUS, about our
favourite addiction...[grin])

Thanks for asking.  I hope that sheds a little more light on the intention.

Cheers,
Wendy