Facilitator

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 14:46:20 PDT 2005

It's funny Larry...I also have discomfort at using the word "facilitator"
sometimes, especially as I see the group struggles to make sense of its
newly rediscovered freedom.

And I have always had trouble saying that I can "train" people in Open
Space.

Jack's questions are sitting with me too, and the more I think about this
crazy process, the more I realize how much it helps us to loosen our
attachments to all of these things.

Chris

On 10/4/05, Larry Peterson <larry at spiritedorg.com> wrote:

>  Great questions!
>
>  To me "facilitator" is a word that is not accurate for the task of
> opening and holding space, but it is language that many understand and a
> place to start the conversation with a client. To the extent that
> "facilitate" means making it easier for the client/group to get where they
> are going – to open space, to expand awareness of now, to accomplish a task
> – then using the "technology" of OST is a way to do that. Of course,
> "technology" is not a good description either because OST includes ritual,
> choreography, some principles, a law and some infrastructure (e.g.
> post-its) that are all part of the effort to make it easier for the
> group/client to experience opening of their space.
>
>  Larry
>
>  Larry Peterson
>
> Associates in Transformation
>
> Toronto, ON, Canada