OSonOSonOS preparation

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Sat Oct 22 09:48:02 PDT 2005

Dear colleagues,
In preparation for the Moscow November 10-12 OSonOSonOS, I am collecting
photos from all previous OSonOS's for a stand to be put up at the
event.

This way participants can have a picture of what these meetings look like, a reference
point. And I think such a thing also adds to the excitement around
planning such an event.

(We also intend to have display a list of previous topics from OSonOS and a
cityvillage auction!)

Putinka brand vodka for auction next year?...

Any other ideas for this OSonOSonOS?

In going through the openspaceworld wiki pages, I found some photos.

Below is a list of OSonOS's for which I would be very grateful if you
could send me photos. I recognize that pre-2000 digital cameras were
not very common, hence that's part of the reason why there are no
photos on the wiki pages for some OSonOS's. Also, there are pictures
on the wiki pages for some of the OSonOS's in this list. However, I
was hoping for other pictures, too, perhaps some which would show the
whole group.

Dulles Airport OSonOS 1-4
Chicago 1999
Monterey 1998
Marysville 2002
Vancouver 2001

If you have photos from other OSonOS's which you'd really like to see
on the stand for this event, please feel free to send them.

Feel free to send big photos (1-3mb)

I promise to upload to the wiki pages the photos I receive.

Complementing the photos already on the wiki pages, I imagine, is a very small part of the community story
project started by Birgitt Williams.

It was curious to go through the wiki pages and see a document
talking about how we'll soon have OS world wiki pages. A trip down
history lane. I'm a post-OS wiki page spacenik, going through these
old pages made me realize how I have taken them for granted and how
grateful I am that they exist. Thank you Michael Herman (and anyone
else who was part of making them happen!)!

warmly,
raffi
Raffi Aftandelian
consultant