Open Space's biggest missed stage in the UK?

Chris Macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 11:08:10 PDT 2005

In my view, the thing we have been least successful with open space in
London/UK is inviting spaces where big business men (ie those who impact
globalisation) meet the people. It's not through lack of trying with
www.bethechange.org.uk now an annual 400 person event that began by seeking a
position of joining space between busienss leaders and change agents

I invite 2 opposite rebuttals. If anyone in the UK believes we have done this
in a way that led to actionable change, where? If anyone else has acheived
this , where?

ALSO A BRIDGING IDEA
We netizens at http://clubofcity.blogspot.com  have started a layperson’s blog
http://fantasywealth.blogspot.com
This compiles World Sustainability Leagues by global industry sectors, and I
would like to ask open space friends for some specific help

Do you have a nomination of a global market sector that is compounding value
destruction of peoples or nature? And if so, could we imagine where to convene
an open space or global village debate along the lines of how did the more
honest of politicians not see this sector’s compound future coming?

At the end of the day, I cling to a childseye view of the world that
democratic public leaders should be attending most lovingly to what futures
are developing because if they are not wholly transparent in debating so as to
raise the people’s ability to learn and act for what we all develop, who will
be?

Early news at http://fantasywealth.blogspot.com :

We have bowed to those concerned with what future becoming addicted to
carbonised energy will lead us to as this year's top crisis; followed by
chemicals in the consumable foods and waters of nature which include the
possibility that the flying plague of birdflu is accidentally a man assualted
invasion due to battery farming ; perhaps more controversially at number 3 in
our league of destroying future generations is that type of global
professional who has lost his Hippocratic Oath and is busy using his monopoly
to write the rules for separating out his own business case in global
boardrooms

Anyhow the intent of the league tables is to respond to votes of what should
go up or down in the crisis rankings. We had to start marking the future
somewhere; we can make fantasywealth better with your help

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk Washington DC & London
http://valueopen.blogspot.com