Open invitation to join new OS blog

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil wendy at xe.net
Tue Oct 4 23:30:09 PDT 2005

Hello everyone,

Well, I have finally managed to fulfill the intention I set at OSonOS in
Halifax.  I would like to announce the birth of a new Open Space blog-Open
Space Sangha.  It can be found at www.openspacesangha.blogspot.com
<http://www.openspacesangha.blogspot.com/>  .  This is intended as a group
blog-in other words anyone who wants to contribute is welcome to.  To join
in the fun, simply email me off-list and I will send you an invitation and
instructions.

I have included links to all the major resources.  If you would like to add
yours to the list, please email me with the links and I am happy to include
them.  Also, I have started a blogroll of other Open Space blogs.  If yours
is not mentioned, please let me know and I will include it.

The purpose of the blog, as taken from the title description is:  A place to
grow our community through sharing practices that deepen our experience of
Spirit and Being in Open Space. Tell your story. Let us lay our words down
beside each other with ease and grace. Be prepared to be surprised!

And the first post, explains a bit more about the inspiration and intention
that came to me in Halifax:

This blog began as an idea and an intention flowing from my experience at
OSonOS 13 in Halifax. While there, the conviction grew in me that the
practices that support Open Space are also very strong practices for life in
general. That they could form a part of a strong spiritual path--much like
meditation enhances whatever spiritual path you are on and brings great
gifts to your life. I have found that the practices of opening, inviting,
holding, and grounding support me in much more than just formally opening
space. And once i began to open space, i wanted to live that way in all
areas of my life, not just in my work.

And also in Halifax it seemed to me that there were a lot of other people
who were experiencing something similar. That just as we believe that Open
Space helps to bring Spirit back to organizations, it seems to do the same
for people. And that the people who are engaged in actively opening space
are a community of Spirit and could use a place to share those aspects of
what we do. So here it is. Make of it what you will.

This is intended as a place to share your encounters with Spirit, mystery
and Open Space. It is a place to share practices that you find support you
in opening space. It is a place to wonder about what this marvelous gift,
called Open Space, might be. And mostly, it is a place to connect, commune,
and support each other in our big questions, little discoveries, and daily
encounters with practice.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

See you in the Sangha,

Cheers,

Wendy

wendy at xe.net