A Message from Serbia

Harrison Owen hhowen at verizon.net
Tue Oct 18 04:43:07 PDT 2005

Several years ago I did an Open Space in Western Serbia. This morning I got
a note from Nenad Bozanic who was my keeper and guide. It really gave me a
kick. In fact it brought tears to my eyes. I thought you all would enjoy
seeing part of it - which follows.

Harrison

"I had a privilege to invite and host on 2002. in Western Serbia Mr. Owen.
That time I worked for UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) in CRDA
(Community Revitalization through Democratic Action) on of the biggest
community project in Serbia funded by USAID.
The sign was to invite 14 communities (Municipality) and try to clarify them
priorities in community developing for the next years. Off course at the
conference we had USAID guys, Ministries representatives, Mayors.... But
also number of community "champions" peoples who are drivers of they own
places fir living.
Everything was on place: people ,chairs ,papers ,markers....
And it's started Harrison take a microphone, peoples attention was
concentrate on him. First assignment comes out.
I had a fear that peoples will don't understand what we are trying to do.
The 2002. still didn't was a perfect year to work with Americans here, don't
mentioned for Americans.
How ever at him one moment I saw a hundred people standing and writing. How
and who will facilitate them? I looked in the room to find Harrison and try
to solve mass there.
After view minutes my search was canceled and I go out to take air.
I find Harrison seating front of the Hotel "Grand" with Australian hat in
full peace.
Why to disturb him with conference questions? I started some chitty-chat to
improve a time and find out something interesting.
I didn't recognize that participants finish with them tasks which confuse
me. I start to ask my self how this is possible.
Answers come much later to me. Energy and positive thinking and they own
destiny do at all!
But lessons are much deeper than that!

Bring them, tell them how to do and leave them to take care about own
destiny!

This is one word used from my self to explain everybody what is the Open
Space.

At this moment my country facing with very big issue. Kosovo is heart of
Serbia and land habitat with Albanians.
I had in my mind Harrison words about Open Space conference organized for
Israeli and Palestinians before hi come to Serbia.
We need this conference now and here!
We need Open Space to tell gather us, tell us how to build peace and leave
us to masters of our own destiny!"

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!
hhowen at verizon.net

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen

Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>

OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives