SV: The Pros and Cons of OST? (plus use of the word 'technology')

Diane Brandon diane.brandon at comcast.net
Tue Nov 29 15:40:38 PST 2005

Interesting --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology
Technology is a word with origins in the Greek word technologia
(τεχνολογια), techne (τεχνη) "craft" + logia (λογια) "saying". It is an
encompassing term dealing with the knowledge of humanity's tools and
crafts. Depending on context, technology is:
	â–ª 	the techniques (knowledge) that includes methods, materials, tools,
and processes for solving a problem (such as building technology or
medical technology);
[long list continues]