Process in Breakout Groups

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Thu Nov 17 12:43:39 PST 2005

What I love most about open space is the many levels of process freedom that
participants empower themselves  and each other with ... the open invitation
to post freely, to move freely, to record freely, to take responsibility
freely, to affiliate and collaborate freely. The process freedom that open
space puts in the hands of participants speaks to the unique value of open
space.

If I can welcome a delicious facilitator nap or bit of quiet Tibetan
meditation in the middle of everything, why should I think about telling
people what they should talk about, how, when, and with whom? If based on
this, someone feels that open space is not right for certain groups at
certain times, well, then surely something else will be ... :)

Jack

jack ricchiuto
two.one.six/three.seven.three/seven.four.seven.five
www.designinglife.com / www.appreciativeleadership.com