Photos please!

Magne Hvilen mh at KOMPETANSETJENESTE.NO
Tue Nov 15 23:12:19 PST 2005

Hello Lisa!
I have published an OST Internet site in Norway (in Norwegian) and would
like to add some pictures to ilustrate the OST process. Would it be OK if
I use some of your pictures? I will of course mention the source. The web
address is www.openspace.no

Best regards
Magne Hvilen
MH Kompetansetjeneste
www.openspace.no / www.kompetansetjeneste.no
Work: +47 33 12 07 70
Privat: +47 33 11 72 78
Mobil: +47 90 62 93 89
E-mail : mh at kompetansetjeneste.no

>From  Wed Nov 16 00:21:38 2005
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 00:21:38 -0800
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Chris Corrigan <chris.corrigan at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: a chance for global dialogue

------=_Part_36761_24514552.1132129298065

Hi there:

I'm right now conducting an OST practice workshop on Vancouver Island and
one of the partiicpants is a youth who has been spearheading the World Urba=
Cafes mentioned in this email. She is working with a number of youth jammin=
with world cafe approaches and Open Space. She's heading to India next week
to do some OST work in New Delhi with slum residents. all of whom are
illiterate. I'm turning her loose on John Engle for an intensive in how to
do that, but if there are OST facilitators in New Dehli or nearby that migh=
want to work with Arunima, please let me know and I'll connect you. There i=
lots to be done and she needs all the help she can get.

Cheers,

Chris

On 11/15/05, Christine Whitney Sanchez <milagro27 at cox.net> wrote:

> [...]
> *Thursday, December 1 - Saturday, December 3, 2005*
> *O**pen to everyone interested in creating a better world.*
> *Come for an hour or stay online for three days*
> * ---- Register NOW at* www.habitatjam.com <http://www.habitatjam.com/>
>

> London, UK (PRWEB) November 5, 2005 -- Habitat JAM, an unprecedented
> online global dialogue on urban sustainability, will be held for 72 hours
> from 1-3 December, 2005.
>
> Sponsored by the Government of Canada, in partnership with UN-HABITAT and
> IBM, the Habitat JAM promises to engage, empower and stimulate tens of
> thousands of global citizens, rich and less fortunate alike, with the
> ultimate goal of turning ideas into action on critical issues related to
> urban sustainability.
>
> Under the leadership of the Honourable Joe Fontana, Minister of Labour an=
> Housing, the Government of Canada is taking a highly innovative approach =
by
> investing in global sustainability and funding Habitat JAM.* "Canada is
> pleased to partner with UN-HABITAT and IBM to introduce this experimental
> form of problem solving -- a dialogue that cuts across the borders and si=
los
> of politics, culture, economics, social class and expertise, to extract
> concrete solutions to the urgent and controversial issues facing our rapi=
dly
> urbanizing planet. The Government of Canada is proud to host this event
> because Canada recognizes the enormous impact of urbanization on the
> sustainability of the planet."*
>
> The Habitat JAM is a preparatory event to the third session of the World
> Urban Forum being held in Vancouver in June 2006. The World Urban Forum i=
> an initiative of the United Nations Settlements Program (UN-HABITAT) held
> every two years to debate ideas and issues about sustainable development =
in
> today's context of rapid urbanization.
> Topics for discussion will include:
>
>  =A7 improving the lives of people living in slums,
> =A7 access to water,
> =A7 environmental sustainability,
> =A7 safety and security,
> =A7 finance and governance,
> =A7 and the future of our cities.
> "We live in an increasingly urban world which is unfortunately divided
> between the North and the South. What is worse is that in most cities,
> wherever they are, people are forced to live in divided cities. Cities in
> developing countries are suffering from problems associated with rapid
> urbanization, which has led to over one billion people living in slums
> without adequate shelter and basic services. In developed countries,
> citizens suffer from the effects of ill-planned cities and environmental
> degradation. At the heart of this crisis is a failure to consult and to
> allow the full participation of ordinary people in the development of the
> city. It is my hope that innovative technologies associated with Habitat =
JAM
> will help bring people closer together to plan and develop truly human
> settlements," adds Dr. Anna Tibaijuka, Executive Director, UN-HABITAT.
>
> The Habitat JAM will bring together academics and students, planners and
> builders, politicians, governments, the private sector and ordinary citiz=
ens
> from across the globe in real time, all contributing ideas and expertise
> during the 72-hour global problem-solving session. Moderators will includ=
> government leaders, renowned experts, and key thinkers.
>
> To ensure the most inclusive event possible, grass root organizations,
> institutions, women, youth groups and non-governmental organizations (NGO=
s)
> are helping to bring people to the technology who might otherwise not hav=
> access or opportunity to share their experiences and ideas with others
> around the world.
>
> To name just a few examples, the Habitat JAM is teaming with the:
>
> ---- World Bank Institute to offer access to many of their satellite-base=
> Global Development Learning Network (GDLN) to enable people living in
> regions with inadequate or no Internet access to participate in the Habit=
at
> JAM.
>
> ---- Huairou Commission and GROOTS Canada to bring the voice of
> non-English speaking women into the Habitat JAM.
>
> ---- World Urban Forum and Youth Organizing Committee (WUFY) who will hol=
> over a dozen World Urban Cafe JAM Sessions to engage communities in slums
> and impoverished human settlements in Asia, Africa, India and Latin Ameri=
ca.

> In hosting and providing the technology for the JAM, IBM is enabling this
> innovative democratic process where, without hierarchy, people from all
> walks of life have the opportunity to come together to present and evalua=
te
> ideas on how to solve a focused set of issues or problems.* "IBM has used
> JAMs internally to involve employees in over 75 countries to collaborate =
in
> real time on the company's values and then to develop pragmatic solutions
> and best practices around growth and innovation,*" said Irving
> Wladawsky-Berger, Vice President of Technical Strategy and Innovation, IB=
M.
> *"JAMs enable a kind of mass collaboration and problem-solving that has
> simply never before been possible on a global scale. This is innovation t=
hat
> matters for the world.*"
> For additional information on Habitat JAM and to register for the event,
> visit www.habitatjam.com <http://www.habitatjam.com>.
>  *Christine*
> **
> *Christine Whitney Sanchez*
> *KAIROS Alliance Inc.*
> 2717 E. Mountain Sky Avenue
> Phoenix, AZ 85048
> 480.759.0262
> www.kairosalliance.com <http://www.kairosalliance.com/>
>
> * * =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology

Site: http://www.chriscorrigan.com

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

------=_Part_36761_24514552.1132129298065

Hi there:<br>
I'm right now conducting an OST practice workshop on Vancouver Island
and one of the partiicpants is a youth who has been spearheading the
World Urban Cafes mentioned in this email.  She is working with a
number of youth jamming with world cafe approaches and Open
Space.  She's heading to India next week to do some OST work in
New Delhi with slum residents. all of whom are illiterate.  I'm
turning her loose on John Engle for an intensive in how to do that, but
if there are OST facilitators in New Dehli or nearby that might want to
work with Arunima, please let me know and I'll connect you.  There
is lots to be done and she needs all the help she can get.<br>
Cheers,<br>
l_sendername">Christine Whitney Sanchez</b> <<a href=3D"mailto:milagro27=
@cox.net">milagro27 at cox.net</a>> wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail=
_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt=
 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

t face=3D"Arial"><b>Tens of Thousands of World Citizens Unite Online<br>to =
Debate=20
/font><font face=3D"Arial" size=3D"-1">   </font><a href=3D"http:=
//www.habitatjam.com/" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLi=
nk(window,event,this)">
e=3D"Arial" size=3D"-1"><b>Thursday,=20
"Comic Sans MS" size=3D"3"><strong><font color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial" s=
 in=20
r three=20
=3D"http://www.habitatjam.com/" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.=
OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"><font face=3D"Arial">www.habitatjam.com</fo=
nt></a><br>
bitat=20
JAM, an unprecedented online global dialogue on urban sustainability, will =
be=20
held for 72 hours from 1-3 December, 2005.<br><br>Sponsored by the Governme=
nt of=20
Canada, in partnership with UN-HABITAT and IBM, the Habitat JAM promises to=
=20
engage, empower and stimulate tens of thousands of global citizens, rich an=
d=20
less fortunate alike, with the ultimate goal of turning ideas into action o=
n=20
critical issues related to urban sustainability.<br><br>Under the leadershi=
p of=20
the Honourable Joe Fontana, Minister of Labour and Housing, the Government =
of=20
Canada is taking a highly innovative approach by investing in global=20
sustainability and funding Habitat JAM.<i> "Canada is pleased to partn=
er with=20
UN-HABITAT and IBM to introduce this experimental form of problem solving -=
- a=20
dialogue that cuts across the borders and silos of politics, culture, econo=
mics,=20
social class and expertise, to extract concrete solutions to the urgent and=
=20
controversial issues facing our rapidly urbanizing planet. The Government o=
f=20
Canada is proud to host this event because Canada recognizes the enormous i=
mpact=20
abitat JAM=20
is a preparatory event to the third session of the World Urban Forum being =
held=20
in Vancouver in June 2006. The World Urban Forum is an initiative of the Un=
ited=20
Nations Settlements Program (UN-HABITAT) held every two years to debate ide=
as=20
and issues about sustainable development in today's context of rapid=20
=3D"-2">        </font><font face=
=3D"Arial">=20
=3D"-2">        </font><font face=
=3D"Arial">=20
=3D"-2">        </font><font face=
=3D"Arial">=20
=3D"-2">        </font><font face=
=3D"Arial">=20
=3D"-2">        </font><font face=
=3D"Arial">=20
=3D"-2">        </font><font face=
=3D"Arial">=20
h is=20
unfortunately divided between the North and the South. What is worse is tha=
t in=20
most cities, wherever they are, people are forced to live in divided cities=
.=20
Cities in developing countries are suffering from problems associated with =
rapid=20
urbanization, which has led to over one billion people living in slums with=
out=20
adequate shelter and basic services. In developed countries, citizens suffe=
r=20
from the effects of ill-planned cities and environmental degradation. At th=
e=20
heart of this crisis is a failure to consult and to allow the full particip=
ation=20
of ordinary people in the development of the city. It is my hope that innov=
ative=20
technologies associated with Habitat JAM will help bring people closer toge=
ther=20
to plan and develop truly human settlements," adds Dr. Anna Tibaijuka,=
 Executive=20
Director, UN-HABITAT.<br><br>The Habitat JAM will bring together academics =
and=20
students, planners and builders, politicians, governments, the private sect=
or=20
and ordinary citizens from across the globe in real time, all contributing =
ideas=20
and expertise during the 72-hour global problem-solving session. Moderators=
 will=20
include government leaders, renowned experts, and key thinkers.<br><br>To e=
nsure=20
the most inclusive event possible, grass root organizations, institutions,=
=20
women, youth groups and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) are helping t=
o=20
bring people to the technology who might otherwise not have access or=20
opportunity to share their experiences and ideas with others around the=20
world.<br><br>To name just a few examples, the Habitat JAM is teaming with=
=20
the:<br><br>---- World Bank Institute to offer access to many of their=20
satellite-based Global Development Learning Network (GDLN) to enable people=
=20
living in regions with inadequate or no Internet access to participate in t=
he=20
Habitat JAM.</font></div>
bring the=20
voice of non-English speaking women into the Habitat JAM.<br><br>---- World=
=20
Urban Forum and Youth Organizing Committee (WUFY) who will hold over a doze=
n=20
World Urban Cafe JAM Sessions to engage communities in slums and impoverish=
ed=20
human settlements in Asia, Africa, India and Latin America.<br><br>In hosti=
ng=20
and providing the technology for the JAM, IBM is enabling this innovative=
=20
democratic process where, without hierarchy, people from all walks of life =
have=20
the opportunity to come together to present and evaluate ideas on how to so=
lve a=20
focused set of issues or problems.<i> "IBM has used JAMs internally to=
 involve=20
employees in over 75 countries to collaborate in real time on the company's=
=20
values and then to develop pragmatic solutions and best practices around gr=
owth=20
and innovation,</i>" said Irving Wladawsky-Berger, Vice President of T=
echnical=20
Strategy and Innovation, IBM.  <i>"JAMs enable a kind of mass col=
laboration=20
and problem-solving that has simply never before been possible on a global=
=20
font face=3D"Arial"></font></div>
register=20
for the event, visit</font> <a href=3D"http://www.habitatjam.com" target=3D=
"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"><font fac=
/font></div>
g>Christine=20
tain Sky=20
Avenue</font></div>
nbsp;=20
85048</font></div>
ttp://www.kairosalliance.com/" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.O=
t></div>
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTAT=
E.EDU</a>
et=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">osli=
st at listserv.boisestate.edu</a>:
blank" onclick=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://list=
serv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html</a>

=3D"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://www.openspaceworld=
.org/oslist</a>

=3D"http://www.chriscorrigan.com/parkinglot">http://www.chriscorrigan.com/p=
arkinglot