Ideas please for a different closing

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 14:07:50 PST 2005

Doug--

When an Open space has been long, or very emotional, or time is short for
other reasons (as one I facilitated in the Columbia Gorge, when mudslides caused
by rainstorms were closing nearby roads, and we wanted to get everyone safely
home by dark), I let everyone who wishes speak in the talking circle, then
close very simply, perhaps by looking slowly around the circle, saying "Thank
you," and "When it's over, it's over--go in peace."

I try to let my decision be governed by the circumstances and the feeling in
the room.   Often, comments by the participants are so moving that any further
activity would be superfluous.

Wish I were there with you all!

Joelle