Europeans - living democracy

Gabriela Ender gabriela.ender at OpenSpace-Online.com
Mon Nov 14 03:50:11 PST 2005

Dear Lise, dear all in the list,

I like very much, that you and your colleagues try to find a healthy
financial basis from the start on. GOOD LUCK! If you apply also for an
OpenSpace-Online event, please think about two kinds of costs. One part is
your work and your time as an organizer (e.g. invitation, maybe an event
registration website, press work, participants registrations, sending the
user-passwords to each single participant, sending a "thank you email"
afterwards, ... ) and the other part is the fee for the OpenSpace-Online
conference.

Via our webpage area called "Online booking service for organizers of single
conferences" any individual can become a conference organizer and set up a
conference autonomous (without extra services from us). In such cases the
conference runs via our server. In this area you are able to choose your
desired conference setting(s) (variant, number of participants and duration)
and immediately you can see the appropriate conference fee(s). For example,
if you would organize a 4 hour OpenSpace-Online SPECIAL (with convergence
phase) for 70 participants you would have to pay per participant (net price)
Euro 21,46 (without "your event management"). Some organizers do not want to
do all the event management and booking work. Then we are able to offer
additional services too. But this prices depends on the amount of desired
services.

So, If you want to check conference prices, please do the following steps:

1.) open our main webpage, www.OpenSpace-Online.com,
2.) click on the below navigation button "Prices & Booking",
3.) enter the "Online booking service for organizers of single conferences"
at the left side,
4.) scroll down to "Information and Booking for Organizers" (right side /
below),
5.) choose your conference variant (CLASSIC or SPECIAL),
6.) select the conference duration,
7.) enter the number of participants, and
8.) click on the button "calculate price", then please scroll a bit further
below. Here you see the price, and if you wish you can choose a different
setting and then click on "calculate" once more.

All important information about how to organize an OpenSpace-Online and how
to invite own groups are described in our "User Guide for Organizers":
http://www.openspace-online.com/oso_en/html/download-center/kurz_veranstalter_eng.html

And regarding a first higher-ranking website for the first "European Open
Space Day", it could be easy to set it up. But I guess, it could become very
easy a project, which needs people who really invest a lot of time. And you
need an impressum and one person who is the contact person for example for
the press, for interested people and time to administrate new content (os
documents, links), to develope new sub pages and so on. It is an own project
and based on such a great idea it can become a "full time job" very quickly.
One idea could be to create first a very small "announcement website" just
for the start and later or parallel to look for EU financial support to
establish a more multi functional website based on growing demands. This
would be not so complex and not so expensive. Are you able to apply for such
a website too? Then lets see what we can do and achieve together (during the
next days I will be out of Germany and not available).

Oh, sorry for this long reply. Perhaps we need a "Dreams of Europe" Mailing
List :)

Have a great day!!
Gabriela