OST in Turkey and OST in the world (again with some corrections)

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Fri Nov 11 04:29:53 PST 2005

Dear Funda,

Reading your mail I thought back of how I began with Open Space.

My Austrian collegue Leopold told me about his first one, I bought
Harrison's book
and having just read it I told a client the next day who said "We are
organising a company day next month,
could that be an Open Space ?".

After that first one I was really ready for the second (and third,
fourth, .....)

Somehow that did not happen, and nothing I can think of I did in the
next 9 months seemed to make a difference.
I found that quite frustrating.

Then the second one happened (totally unconnected logically to anything
I had done).
This is history - early this year I passed the 200 mark, and my 250th
Open Space event is not too far away.

Whenever it starts is the right time.

Looking back over the years, it seems most events are initiatives of
participants of earlier events.
For example yesterday I had a meeting with a Swedish University. In it
was a lady who had been
to an event about cooperation across the bridge (between Denmark and
Sweden).
The idea came from the chairman of an organisation I had done an event
for 3 years ago.
At the time, that chairman decided to have an Open Space because he was
invited to an event
his Danish competitors organised  four years ago ..........

Maybe there is something like having a critical mass: the more have
experienced a good event,
the more will think of the next one. If that's true, the beginning is
slow - but it sounds like you will
have 100 ambassadors.

Good luck opening space in Turkey,

Greetings from Denmark,