Girl Scouts Open the Space for more than 1,600

Jon Harvey only.connect at virgin.net
Tue Nov 8 00:44:44 PST 2005

Christine

Sounds fabulous - great story!!

It reminded me of a session I did years ago with 150 girl guides - in a
field in north Oxfordshire, UK. They asked me to run a series of 'New
Games' - cooperative games which orginated in the anti Vietnam War movement
involving parachutes, large 'Earth Balls' and lots of other ways of playing.
They are games which mean that everyone wins - no feels like they have lost.

One such game is called 'Sit on my knees please' - where you get everyone
standing in a close circle - all facing the same way - and then on the count
of three - everyone sits on the person behind them. If it works - everyone
is supported by everyone else - if it doesn't - everyone falls over and it
still works - with lots of laughing. I have a photo to prove it!

Here is a link for those with interest

http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/library/hqdocs/facts/pdfs/fs170016.pdf

all the best

Jon