deep democracy

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Sun Nov 6 11:57:32 PST 2005

Harrison wrote: It always seems to me that our role is not to ³drive² for
action ­ but rather to keep the space open for action (or not). The people
will decide, if not in that moment, then in their own good time.

I agree it is so important to respect that a community will act as soon as
it¹s ready. If people are used to being dependent on (strong or weak)
leadership, it does take time for them to discover and trust their own
power. Usually their power is in the currency of intangibles like grassroots
efforts, ideas, and social networks. No one can do this discovery and
trusting for them; it¹s work they must do for themselves. We can only invite
it, again and again.

Jack

jack ricchiuto
two.one.six/three.seven.three/seven.four.seven.five
www.designinglife.com / www.appreciativeleadership.com