OS & the power of presence

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Sat Nov 5 10:06:20 PST 2005

Jack--

Wonderful poem. Thank you for giving it to the world.

                              :-Doug. Germann
                              Seeking people making community change.

Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 16:52:50 -0500
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Harrison Owen <hhowen at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: deep democracy

Raffi Wrote: "I continue to be intrigued/nagged by the thought that there is
something beyond open space that is waiting to be born. It has something to
do with bringing together open space and processwork. In more passionate
moments I refer to the Conscious Open Sleep Organization. If there is
something to this, it'll come later. I don't have a question here yet."

Ah Raffi -- you set me to thinking. But first, a story. I recently went to
Japan (back yesterday -- or was it tomorrow? I think I lost a day!) I told
my hosts that I would come under one condition: That I meet with a Zen
Master. They agreed, and following the formal program, we went to the seek
the Master. As fate would have it, the Master had been called away, and so
we sat, my host and I. But as it turned out, my host was the Master. And so
we talked. From all of this I learned that when you seek something, you will
find Nothing -- but it is in that Nothing that the thing you seek resides.

And now the thought: In open space there is neither before nor after -- only
Now. In a word, you are already there!

Maybe I should go back to Japan? :-)

Harrison

NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!
hhowen at verizon.net

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093
Skype hhowen

Personal website www.ho-image.com
OSLIST: To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives