[Fwd: Re: Ideas please for a different closing]

Zelle Nelson zelle at knowplacelikehome.com
Mon Nov 14 22:03:38 PST 2005

Hello,

i realized I sent this only to Doug and thought I would post it too...

Hi Doug,

It may be too late, but...

At some events (I've never done it for closing an Open Space) I've had
people write a letter to themselves about the experience and what they
are inspired to do, recommending that they finish with a personal note
to themselves with encouraging words - what might they want to hear from
this energized self that is writing the letter. It helps to bring
envelopes so they can self address them. And after 3 or 4 weeks, I pick
up a stack (usually a fraction of the total) and take them to the post.
A week later I take another stack, and so on until the letters have all
been sent. - A big - Thank You! - to Gregg Levoy for this wonderful
idea. see www.gregglevoy.com to learn more about he and his incredibly
wonderful book Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life.

This process helps to extend the event into the future, and is also a
great way to build in reflection at the end of an event and a second
chance for reflection (and possibly action) after the event has formally
ended.

with grace and love,

Zelle

************
Zelle Nelson
Engaging the Soul at Work/Know Place Like Home/State of Grace Document

www.stateofgracedocument.com

zelle at maureenandzelle.com

office - 001.828.693.0802
mobile - 001.847.951.7030