OST in Turkey and OST in the world

Funda Oral fundaoral at ttnet.net.tr
Fri Nov 11 02:31:36 PST 2005

Dear all,

me

I have been trying to introduce OST in Turkey for nearly 2 years now.

I studied at best schools in Turkey, had a chance to work in Italy, travel around europe
and visit India during OSonOS 2005.  I speak french, english, a little bit italian and of course turkish.

I studied at very good schools in Turkey, had a chance to work in Italy, to travel around europe
and to visit India.

I recently had a chance to go to Berlin, participate a training by Holger about consultancy and meet Michael Pannwitz
and some other colleagues there.

I have invested  (am still investing) all my time, my energy,my money,my relationships into that.

I have already contacted many NGO's, universities, consultancy firms, political parties, everbody
around me........

I am doing this because i believe in OST and i feel that it's needed everywhere and
critically, urgently  needed in the environment i am living.

I stopped calculating long time ago how much all these efforts would bring me in terms of money,
career and future....otherwise i would have stopped all my efforts, bought a little house
and found a job which pays me and this would have been much more rational.

If you consider that i studied Business Administration in english, i am taught all these
calculations.

Next week we ( Holger, Michael, Jo and me) will have a teleconference on "how
we can cooperate in the introduction of OST into Turkey"

Valerie is not participating to the conference, i am a bit sorry about that as she
would understand better my situation because she lives in South Africa. I am currently reading
PoP book and am very impressed by what they did together ( valerie and harrison) there.

Anyway i will probably go on my way with or without your support. I am already negotiating
and reached an agreement to open space for about 100 young people. This is a volunteer
work. I am ready to do that without having a proper training about OST facilitation.

OST as a business in Turkey

I am looking forward to see

* that OST is accepted as a tool here and people are ready to pay it.
* many colleagues joining me with this work and see their future in that area.
* that OST becomes a must in the development of EU projects...where most of the money
is coming to Turkey
* that it becomes a subject taught at the universities
* that it's on the newpapers and media
* that foreign investments, foreign companies bring OST to Turkey.......this is another source
which brings jobs and money here.

WE, OS Community

I really which we could cooperate to make organised efforts, together, for OST to spread
around the world...more and more money to spend there....more resources are
allocated into this area....more workforce is engaged...more investment are made..so on.

I wish this yes for my future...for future of OST....for the change we would bring to life,
to organizations, to young people etc, to everybody.........

This is a little long invitation letter but short if you consider the time i spent ( am still spending)
to put these together.

Thank you,
Funda