Thoughts on Self Organizing

Cheryl Honey wecare at familynetwork.org
Mon May 30 10:05:18 PDT 2005

Forgive delay in response but I just returned from a 4-day Neighborhoods USA
conference in Sacramento, CA.

Transformative Community Building implies changing the way people relate to
one another and to systems in a community resulting in changing the way a
community functions.

The Family Support Network model emerged over 10 years as a vehicle that
enables the grassroots to take responsibility for what they care about.

Community Weaver is what I did to create my own social support system in my
neighborhood which grew out into the community. I created a new "family" for
myself and others in the FSN. Community Weavers learn techniques to open
space so people can grow families and communities and transform their lives
from the inside-out.

I can go deeper upon request. In fact, I have a powerpoint presentation I'd
be happy to share with you if you'd like.

Cheryl Honey
Community Weaver
Family Support Network
206.240.2241

"The more resourceful we are among ourselves, the more valuable a resource
we become to our families, our communities and our world."