from Ukraine

jotoepfer at boscop.de jotoepfer at boscop.de
Fri May 27 00:08:34 PDT 2005

Dear colleagues,

The sixth and last day of our training: 118 hours remembering open space. Our
hunch is that it takes about this much time to be well on the road towards an
Open Space Technology facilitator. To say nothing about getting into the Open
Space spirit which probably is an essential prerequisite for our work.

Yesterday afternoon another team was selected to facilitate the Action Planning
part of “I, Open Space facilitator”. This time we did not used a lottery but
chose the “youngest” group. The total number of years the members of each team
spent on this planet. The average age of the members of this team was 33 all
women (in fact, 80% of the participants are female).

On the basis of their 14 reports produced in “I, Open Space facilitator”, Action
Planning resulted in 16 “next step agreements”. From what we are gathering,
Open Space Technology will spread like wild fire in the Ukraine when the
participants will actualise these agreements. We got a taste of this at the bar
which turned into a self-organizing registration and photo shooting space well
past midnight for the WorldMap
 In a few days you will see at least 25 new
colleagues when you click on Ukraine. Hi Thomas in Sweden – what about Norway?

Feedback was organized in the same manner as the day before. It seems the time
spent in the feedback sessions facilitates the transformational character of
the “training” (we feel we have to find a new word for what is called training
– any ideas?) in a very tangible way, participants reporting their amazement,
shock, surprise
 about what is happening with them
 and all this in high
spirit. No doubt well assisted by the worldly spirits available here: Moldavian
wine, brandy from the Crimea

At this moment the “family groups” that were created at the beginning of this
event are busy in their last get together saying good bye to each other by
everyone writing a letter to each of the other family members. Before we leave
at noon – mindful of surprises that are not unknown in Open Space gatherings -
there will probably be a final plenary session to share what people are taking
on their journey as Open Space facilitators with the next formal stop being the
3-day learning exchange in November.

We sign off happily exhausted
Michael and Jo