Left out the Law (was: Re: [OSLIST] leverage points & Control --I wish I had it)

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:17:39 PDT 2005

Hi there:

Some in the group had been in Open Space, it wasn't posted on the walls, and
I think I covered the whole process including choice and showing up and if
you want to talk about something, put it on the agenda. It was a meeting
mostly of youth, and it unfolded like most other OST events I have been in:
35 or 40 people getting to work.

I even posted photos of it here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31354844@N00/sets/103725/

Cheers,

Chris

On 5/26/05, Artur Silva <arturfsilva at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Chris, Michael, etc:
>  I agree with Michael that the consensus in our previous discussion was
> that the law (contrarily to the "principles" - as I have done a few OS
> events without ANY reference to the "principles") is an absolute
> "fundamental" of OST. So I would like to have some clarifications about the
> conditions relating to that situation where you, Chris, "left out the law".
>  Was that the first event for that group or had they already had a
> previous one WITH the Law?
>  The Law was written in the walls?
>  Was that a big goup or a small one? Did they split in small groups during
> breackouts or not?
>  Did you mentioned in the opening that in the breakout meetings they could
> "change groups"?Did they do that? Anyone questioned you about leaving or not
> a session?
>  Thanks and Regards
>  Artur
>  ---------
>
> *Chris Corrigan <chris.corrigan at gmail.com>* wrote:
>
> Once because I was tired and therefore more absent minded than usual, *I*
> left out the Law.
>
> It still worked.
>
> Chris
>
> On 5/25/05, Michael Herman <mjherman at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > (...)
> > this also reminds me that not so long ago, harrison asked about not
> > doing one more thing, and we spent some time stripping away the few
> > bits that make open space 'a thing we do.' if i remember right,
> > mostly we agreed that we could 'not do' just about everything, but we
> > dare not leave out the Law.
> >
> > michaelh.org/oslist <http://michaelh.org/oslist>

> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

CHRIS CORRIGAN