OS to be used in a European Conference

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 04:45:56 PDT 2005

Congratulations, Eddie and Kerry.

Please keep us posted on the event.

Artur

------------

Eddie Palmer <eddie at palmer4421.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
Dear list

Open Futures is pleased to announce that we have a first at least for the
U.K., use of Open Space for the two days of a European Conference to be held
at Aviemore Mountain Conference Centre in the Scottish Highlands on Nov.
10/11 2005. Open Futures have just signed a contract to facilitate the
event. This is also the only European event to be held on UK soil during the
time of the UK's presidency, so it will be opened by Ministers.
The sponsors are the Euromontana Group (our European colleagues will be
aware of the names chosen for various funding streams/collections of people
within the EU). This group studies the economic effects on remote mountain
areas of agriculture, forestry, tourism etc.
We were lucky to have a champion within the Scottish Euromontana group, a
fan of some 5 years' standing, very enthusiastic to try and use the method.
The conference will have participants from 27 European countries, USA and
Australia, the OECD and EU. OECD in Paris is the co-ordinating body.
If you think that Kerry and I have been quiet on the list for a time, this
is the reason why! All we can say at this time is that the lead-in for this
event will have been the most difficult one we have carried out, for a group
who have only before experienced conventional conferences, and there is an
amount of anxiety over the whole event!
We will keep you posted of progress.
It is possible that participants from various countries might use the World
Map to approach fellow countrymen to talk about OS in advance, in their own
language (thank you Michael!).
The OS event will take place in English and French

regards

Eddie Palmer
Kerry Napuk
Open Futures