leverage points

Wendy Farmer-O'Neil wendy at xe.net
Wed May 25 20:43:00 PDT 2005

Pat, this is wonderful!

> Therese's story or one of Harrison's experiences speaks more to me of the
> serendipity aspect.  Actually, I believe in the intelligence of creation
> to call into the mix those that should be there.  In my believe system
> creation is ongoing and creation itself has the intelligence to create
> itself.

> What I can say for certain based on my own experience is that being in
> open space is like making art.  I may enter with assumptions, ideas and
> passions but I must be willing to let all of that go so that "it", the
> experience can become what it has come to be and I will experience the
> awesomeness of creation.  I can participate in the becoming or not but I
> never feel like I can control it or even know it really.  I am only a
> channel for the physical manifestation of creation becoming itself.  I do
> think about being an ingredient in that becoming and decide what flavor I
> want to contribute.  Do I want to be the emulsion that provides a matrix
> for all the flavors to suspend themselves in or do I want to be a chili
> and heat th!
> ings up while I flavor the broth.  The flavor I add is up to me. I don't
> always like the soup so sometimes I chose to get out.  I don't always like
> my own art work, clearly, it has not come in to being to communicate
> something to me.  I try to be present in a way that will allow the work to
> get to the person who has the capacity to work with it.
> pat

Your words resonate very strongly for me--very close to my own experience
and beliefs.  I think that what you call serendipity, I call synchronicity.
But I am loving how you have got me thinking about serendipity--it's a far
more organic and human word.  It has a wonderful onomatopoeia--a lovely
combination of serenity and dipsy-doodling...really descriptive of what it's
like to be in that space/way--a vast inner spaciousness and calm combined
with a playfulness or playful willingness to engage with whatever
emerges...an openness to accept the invitation of creation to do whatever
work lies before us :)

Thanks so much,
Love,
Wendy