replacing?

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Tue May 24 08:38:28 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/24/05 4:16:59 AM, hhowen at comcast.net writes:

> However, for the vast majority of likely prospects (facilitators,
> consultants, coaches, managers, Human Resource People, etc) engaging in such a
> practice appears, on the face of it, to be contrary to all their training, tough on
> their wallets (hard to get paid for doing nothing), bad for public
> recognition (limited "face time") -- and probably illegal, immoral, and fattening. Who
> would want to go there?

Harrison,

The above is a succinct statement of the usual great difficulty of
introducing a new paradigm.   This was spoken to by Tolstoy rather well.   I've also
included a quote from Daniel Boorstin from his book "The Discoverers" which
relates to the 'why'.

Paul

I know that most men, including those at ease with problems of the greatest
complexity, can seldom accept even the simplest and most obvious truth if it be
such as would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they have
delighted in explaining to colleagues, which they have proudly taught to
others, and which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabric of their
lives.”

               Leo Tolstoy
               1828-1910
               Russian philosopher
               Author: War and Peace 1866

“The greatest obstacle to discovering the shape of the earth, the continents
and the ocean was not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge.”
                    Daniel J. Boorstin