theology, teachings and OST

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 14:13:58 PDT 2005

Harrison:

Harrison Owen <hhowen at comcast.net> wrote:

   One of the interesting things to me is that over the years people of a broad range of traditions (Buddhist, Hindi, Islam (at least the Sufi version),
Judaism, Christianity, Taoism, Native American -- to name a few) have
remarked on the similarities between what happens in Open Space (or one might call it the Open Space Approach to life) and their traditions.
It's interesting that they (or you) refered to their "traditions" and not to their "current practices". The point is, as Alberoni showed in "Genesis", that the "borning stage" of all civilization movements (including religious movements), the metanoic stage, is very different from the stabilized "system of practices" that came afterwords.

   But as

   I have listened to what they had to say, it seemed to me that the

   connections were shared not just with Open Space, but with all the several

   traditions. In a word, what they were responding to was not the

   correspondence with Open Space, but with each other.

And one the most interesting characteristic of those "borning stages" is the special type of relations that people have with each other (inside the movement).

Later, divisions will show up, some people begin to defend different ideas, combining the old spirit with new beliefs and practices, namely older ones, with more "order" and "certifications" and even try to kill the founding fathers...

Artur

Discover Yahoo!