theology, teachings and OST

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Wed May 18 04:40:51 PDT 2005

One of the interesting things to me is that over the years people of a broad
range of traditions (Buddhist, Hindi, Islam (at least the Sufi version),
Judaism, Christianity, Taoism, Native American -- to name a few) have
remarked on the similarities between what happens in Open Space (or one
might call it the Open Space Approach to life) and their traditions. But as
I have listened to what they had to say, it seemed to me that the
connections were shared not just with Open Space, but with all the several
traditions. In a word, what they were responding to was not the
correspondence with Open Space, but with each other. And then of course, if
you turn the whole thing on its head it may be true that in Open Space we
experience something that is truly primal (but not to say primitive) -- and
therefore prior to all traditions and cultures. At the very least, as
Michael P. points out this "fact" would go a long way towards explaining how
it is the space can be opened just about anywhere with anybody, and produce
essentially the same sort of results. And such an understanding would also
accord well with the notion that Open Space was nothing more than
self-organization at work. And self-organization, after all, has been a
14,000,000,000 year work in progress.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: