multiple facilitator roles

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Tue May 10 04:26:18 PDT 2005

Gerard Wrote: "I thought of the boundary issue when last week I was asked to
help co-facilitate an event with the top 30 managers of a large
multinational. Open Space does not feature on the program, and there will be
a team of five facilitators..................."

Gerard -- I just have to ask -- will there be a facilitator to facilitate
the Facilitators? I guess you would probably need a small team, say 2-3.
Then of course you will need a facilitator to facilitate the facilitated
facilitators. . . . Sounds like Facilitators all the way down. And the
client group is a bunch of Top Managers? Making God knows how much money?
Who will be treated like children (kept under control) so that at the end of
the meeting the lack of innovative, inspired, creative results can all be
blamed on the army of Facilitators. Sounds wonderful!

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: