Notice about OSA event

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Fri May 6 04:48:46 PDT 2005

Michael -

Congratulations !!

You wrote:
< I had a loose agenda, bringing people together after a full day
workshop and
as we opened the space I tore that agenda up so that we could truly open
the
space.  We convened for two days and it was a wondrous experience.  >

Bravo to you for seeing the power and abilities of people to
self-organize in Open Space to create something even better than
thoughtfully pre-designed agendas.  And for having the faith to let go.

I have found that in a conference (or any other gathering) using Open
Space the best, most productive thing to do is to simply open the space
and let people do amazing things, rather than try to 'help' them think
or organize through any other orchestrations of time and topic.  Sounds
like you got out of the way (one of the important practices in Open
Space) and by doing do you witnessed the power and wisdom that is always
in a room full of amazing people.

Bravo!

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t