Reflections at 100

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Tue May 3 01:04:05 PDT 2005

Maybe someone who has the skills to work with "cellular automata"
software can program and run some simulations ..  If it turns out to be
indistinguishable from the real thing - what would that mean?

http://www.wolframscience.com/  (a book with chapters on cellular
automata and then more)

The real thing just takes a videocam hanging from the ceiling - and
someone with access to the ceiling so that they can put a new clean
tape in the videocam.  Ok, maybe you want to have two cameras so you
won't miss a second (the time to change tapes).  And maybe you want
people to wear caps (with a number) or t-shirts or tint their hair (or
lack of) a bit.  And maybe someone can contact a naturalist to see if
there are cameras that take only a frame per second - i mean we may not
need all the time resolution of normal cameras.  Could we use infra-red
(heat) cameras at the same time?

A webcam tied to a portable (with a huge disk) looks like could do the
job most simply.

Perhaps it can be tried with a small OS gathering first.  But what
would really be impressive is to have it with 2,000 people.

Lucas

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es