draft invitation on a Genuine Contact Program-inspired English language study electronic discussion group

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Mon May 2 03:21:09 PDT 2005

Thanks Paul and Therese for your replies.

Paul, I appreciate you challenging my thinking on this project. My
aims right now for this project are rather modest: just a space for
communication; to create a space to facilitate the transformation of
English student-teacher relationship. I don't aim to "teach" students English, liquidate
illiteracy, or the like. But, you already have me thinking harder
about a future project and what a future project might look like.

Might it be possible to consult with you in another format (using sound?-- i.e. phone) at some
point to hear more of your thinking?

Respectfully,
Raffi