Fw: Growing Together at the Emerging Edge of Evolution (long)

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Thu May 26 22:23:01 PDT 2005

Friends,

Below is a description by Tom Atlee of a 3.5 day gathering for which I had
the great pleasure of opening space.  I'll be sending some of my own
reflections (mostly about where OS and World Cafe meet) when I have a moment
but wanted to get Tom's story to you.

What excited me most about Tom's message are his reflections on what happens
when people spend more than one day in OS.  He is eloquent in describing
what he calls the "almost spooky power of a multi-day Open Space".

I was quite startled by the number of people at the gathering who told me
that they had never been in OS longer than a day and were curious about a
multi-day experience.  As an echo of Tom's reflections, many told me me that
their one day OSs didn't begin to give them an appreciation for what can
happen over many days.  Their comments strengthened my conviction when
working with clients of being clear about the importance of giving "big
questions" the time they need.

still sunny in Seattle,
Peggy

Peggy Holman