Collection of worldwide OS stories

Change Management Toolbook holger at CHANGE-MANAGEMENT-TOOLBOOK.COM
Sun May 8 03:23:49 PDT 2005

Hi everybody,

a couple of months ago, I did a global survey on the practice of Change
Management approaches, available at

The Practice and Future of Change Management.
A Comparative Survey.
http://www.change-management-toolbook.com/res/Reports.html

One of the striking results was that OST was one of the least known
methodologies applied for Change Management processes. 48% of all 562
respondents (mainly Change Management practitioners) had never heard
of OST and only 18% apply it in their work!

I am dedicated to changing that figure, with your help. As I was browsing
through the OST archives, beginning from 1998, I found a lot of
interesting and compelling stories from the field, which gave birth to an
idea:

I would like to collect stories of Open Space workshops, compile them in a
nice PDF document and make it available to the public. My start
will be to announce the document in my newsletter, which is currently read
by more than 6,000 people in 160 countries of the world. And, of course,
everybody who wants to use this document for their own purposes, will be
welcomed to share it with their networks, use it as a marketing tool, etc.
It will be open source and free of charge.

I have found already a couple of nice stories in the archives, e.g. the
wonderful report of Peggy about the OS in Colombia. I will approach the
respective authors individually and ask them for reprint permission.

Meanwhile I would like to ask everybody in this list to browse your files
and contribute your best OS stories. As the document is mainly intended
for people who have not heard from OST so far, it should be stories that
explain the background of the assignment, the client, the process and the
outcomes. If you have digital photos to go along, this would be fine. Of
course every article will have a short bio of yourself and your contact
details, so that people who live in your country can directly connect with
you. Articles should not have more that 2-3 pages. However, if you are in
time stress, please send your old articles and I would do a little bit of
editing. You might even send some stories in other languages, such as
Spanish, Portuguese, French, Hebrew, etc. (I fear I will not be able to
do the editing for most of these languages, so it would be great if you
attach a short summary in English).

Please do not send you articles by "reply to this message", but directly to
holger at change-management-toolbook.com

Thanks in advance and looking forward to a nice collection of stories.

Best regards,
Holger Nauheimer
The Change Management Toolbook
http://www.change-management-toolbook.com